May 5, 2020
To our Valued Patients,
We hope you and your loved ones have been staying healthy during the COVID quarantine. As we start to open our practice on May 11th to non-urgent visits, our highest priority continues to be the health and safety of our patients and staff. We continue to follow all state and local guidelines for healthcare facilities, and continue to employ stringent cleaning and safety practices. We would like you to be aware of what to expect when you come to our office:
Before your appointment:
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have a fever, any symptoms of illness suggestive of COVID, such as shortness of breath, new cough, loss of smell or taste, chills, or if you have been exposed to anyone that may have COVID within the last 2 weeks
On the day of your appointment:
- You will be asked questions about symptoms of illness and COVID-19 exposure and your temperature will be taken
- You will be required to wear a face covering
- You may bring one companion with you and your companion must stay with you or wait in the car
- You will be asked to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the office
- Social distancing will be observed
- We have removed all magazines from all waiting areas
- We have reduced the number of patient appointments in order to minimize at-risk exposure
- Staff and doctors will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after patient contact. Rooms and instruments are also cleaned before and after each patient encounter. Aggressive deep cleaning of the office also occurs nightly with a professional cleaning crew
- Eyeglass frames are disinfected each time after they are handled
- You may choose to have a telemedicine visit with one of the doctors.
- For our optical patients, we continue to offer curbside pickup service for your glasses and free shipping for your contacts during this time.
- We have started a mobile glaucoma clinic. If you are interested in this option, please let us know. We will schedule you for a time and date. On that day, you will pull up in your car to our special designated parking spot in front of the office. A technician will come to your car and take your intraocular pressure and your doctor will then call you to go over the results and plan your continuing care.
We have missed seeing you and are looking forward to your visit with us! We appreciate your patience while you are in our office while we try to keep everyone safe. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding our protocols.